2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude

Asked by Feb 07, 2016 at 02:24 PM

Am I the only one experiencing high idle when Start
up or sitting running? Anyone else hear their
vehicle idle when sitting in total silence? I have
only had this vehicle a week. I took back to
dealership with my concerns and was told this was
normal noise because of the injectors pushing fuel
through. I would think if a newer vehicle I shouldn't
hear it idle at all.

52,725

What is the actual idle speed? High idle when first starting the car cold is normal.

Idle when starring is 2rpm then after a couple min goes to about 1rpm. There is a noise when in idle from engine when asked about this at dealership was told it's normal. The sound I am hearing is just the injectors pushing fuel through so fast that I will hear it.

52,725

Do you man normal idle speed is 1,000 rpm? It should be around 700 to 800 rpm which would be a little lower than the 1 on the dial.

52,725

A slight tick, tick, tick of the injectors firing is normal.

Yes 1rpm at idle. Yes a tick tick noise

52,725

If it actually idles at 1,000 rpm that is a little high. I suspect it is a bit lower but double check that.