Pontiac sunfire 2001

Asked by Feb 01, 2016 at 01:49 PM

Mixed orange and green antifreeze. ..car was
getting hot...took in to get a flush. ..fan wasn't
working got that replaced no engine flush. ..drove
one day after new fan car hot coolant not
circulating. ..water pump is fine...what else can
cause no circulating. ..shop can't figure it out as of
now and did get a flush

65,865

Did they "burp" the cooling system to purge air bubbles? Park the car facing up hill on a good slope and idle the car until fully warm with the radiator cap off and the heater on. Top off the coolant and hopefully that will solve your problem.

Now being told maybe the start of a gasket leak where tiny little air is seeping through. ..I'm thinking not. .I'm thinking it's because of changing thermostat 2x....that was like just over a year on the first thermostat and this last summer for the 2nd. ..and I noticed then when the car wasn't heating right and hotter than normal...how long would it take to have the effect/symptoms of overheating...I mean major overheating where I couldn't drive the car at all