1978 Olds Grill

10

Asked by Jan 30, 2016 at 07:24 PM

I'm looking for both grill pieces for my 1978
Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham. I
found a guy with both 79 Grill pieces, just
not sure if they'd fit. The grills/taillights are
about the only difference between 78-79.
Anybody know if the 79 grill would fit?

65,905

I would compare the grills in person. It is the only way to know for sure.

10

Thanks but that's not going to work. The grill is located a couple hundred miles from me and I'm just not willing to drive that far without knowing if they will fit ahead of time.

65,905

Those cars are in the same series so they probably do fit. If it were me, I would carefully compare photographs on the internet of the two cars and get good pics from the seller. When restoring an old car, sometimes you just have to take chances.

10

Yeah as far as I know the only real difference is the 78 has 3 sections in the grills and 79 has 2. Guess it couldn't hurt to get measurements to compare and find out if the screw holes match up. Thank you