How do turn off overdrive?

Asked by Jan 29, 2016 at 11:13 PM

I do not see how to turn off overdrive in owners
manual or online. In the manual I can only find ERS.
I need to turn off overdrive whe. I go on a trip in the
mountains soon.

105,465

Year make and model please.

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited

105,465

Does your shift pattern go P R N D with the little + - below that? If it does just slap the shifter to the minus sign 1 time and your there. If you have the P R N D 3 2 then just put it in the 3 location. On my Grand Cherokee the only time I have ever used the 3 setting is during towing, even climbing hills I have let the computer decide what gear to select for the road even in the snow and it's been great.

Best Answer Mark helpful

I have P R N D with -/+ I let the computer decide the last time I was in the mountains just on the roads and it had a hard time. I was told to simply take it out of OD to fix it but couldn't figure out how. So rather than a button it's the ERS feature and I decide which fear to make the top?

We have also had this vehicle less than a year and it already does not have the get up and go that it we first bought it. Could that have anything to do with this as well?

105,465

Yes that is correct with the gear selection. As far as the loss in power, Jeeps like good fuel, I have found that on mine if you don't run a top tier fuel performance will start to drop right along with the MPG so I have ran either Chevron or Texaco fuel and if I am someplace that doesn't have any of those I keep a bottle of Techron on hand and just dump it in before fueling. So on yours I would dump in a can of SeaFoam in the fuel tank and run it down to the 1/4 mark then fill with the good stuff, that should clean up the injectors and improve your power, that is of course assuming that the filters and spark plugs are in good condition. HTH

Thanks for the help. Should I need to use Seafoam and Techron on a 2013 model?

105,465

I would just to maintain the fuel system.