1987 Bronco II

Asked by Jan 28, 2016 at 04:12 PM

I have a 1987 Bronco II, XLT, 4x4, 2.9
engine, auto transmission. Had a fuel line
leak at the tank. Removed tank, repaired
fuel line, installed new sending unit with
fuel pump. Put everything back together.
Bronco started and ran fine. Drove about
20 miles. Filled it with fuel. Drove it home
and parked in garage. Replaced weak
battery a few days later. Now it turns over
but will not start. Please help ????

380

If it cranks good but won't start, have a helper crank it while you visually check for spark at the spark plugs. If spark everywhere, use a gage and check proper fuel pressure. Also check fuel injector pulse, where applicable. I haven't looked at the wiring on this vehicle, do you have two fuel pumps or only one?

Sprayed a bit of starting fluid in air intake and it tried to fire. Some books say there is a frame mounted pump also. Some books say no. Haven't found one on the frame rail. Thanks for your reply. Don't know how to check fuel pressure.