Lemon law

Asked by Jan 26, 2016 at 08:53 AM

I bought a used car from on Thursday from expert auto in Denham springs , la. By the time I got home with the car the check engine light was on , the next morning I learned that I also had no heat . I called the dealership who told me it must need water because he had checked the heat the day before and it worked . So I brought it back so they could add water . I waited almost four hours and left the dealership being told it was fixed , I left after the dealership was closed . By the time I got home I still had no heat and the check engine light was back on . I didn't drive till yesterday , Monday and before I even called the dealership again the car overheated and started smoking . I called the dealership and the owner hung up on me twice telling me not to call his business again . We took the car to the Volkswagen dealership to check out and learned it will cost more to fix the car than its total worth . This man took my LAST dime . Please , can someone tell me what to do ?! I am desperate !

19,695

You were ripped off- and there is no recourse except to sue- the "lemon law" only applies to new cars- sorry, really I hate guys that take advantage of women- but in used cars, just like horse trading, it is "buyer beware"- this means you should always have a good mechanic check out a used car BEFORE you buy it- too bad that most states have laws against shooting guys like this- maybe you can get a lock of his hair and make a voodoo doll and stick pins in it-

34,535

Publicly embarrassing this creep might be the only way to get your money back. You could park the car in front of his car lot with a big sign and warn everyone that comes there not to buy.