2001 Tahoe 2wd 5.3L engine temp to cold

Asked by Jan 20, 2016 at 07:39 PM

This past summer I replaced the coolant system, radiator, fan clutch, water pump, thermostat, hoses etc. Now the temp will not get above 170. Just replaced water pump, temp sensor and thermostat, no change in temp. Checked the temp with OBD reader and temp was 160 so I know gage is good.
Air from heater is luke warm also. Heater core may be blocked but I cant see how that would effect water temp. Frustrated need help.

72,225

Faulty thermostat? It has happen. I know you'd hate to do this but what about taking the thermostat out and put it in a pan of water on the stove with a thermometer, turn the stove on and see when that thermostat opens up? You would be verifying if it is a thermostat problem or not.