2005 Ford Expedition 5.4 liter how to get better gas mileage

Asked by Jan 19, 2016 at 02:37 PM

Hey guys I have a 2005 Ford Expedition 5.4 liter
and right now I'm getting 30 liters per hundred
kilometers so which is about 7 miles per gallon
does anyone know how to improve that because
that is horrible its fully stock besides exhaust I
threw in those e3 spark plugs which worked for a
bit but it got a lot worse now

82,825

You should get at least 15-17 miles per gallon on the highway. There is a serious problem if your mileage is that bad unless that is in stop and go city driving.

82,825

I would have the oxygen sensors in the exhaust system checked to see if they are working or did you remove them with the new exhaust?

Yeah that's in the city but it used to not be that bad but on the highway i get 15 mpg

Would o2 sensors make a difference because I have two codes for bank 1 and bank 2 o2 sensors Saying running too lean

261,215

Yeh. But O2 codes aren't always the O2 sensors, other things can contribute to them being tripped. Vacuum leaks? Why neglect to tell us about the codes first?