Why are the prices on this site so far out of whack with blue book?

Asked by Jan 18, 2016 at 10:52 PM

A 2001 Honda CR-V has a value of less than $5000 even with popularity...
What gives?

64,735

It is a 15 year old car what do you expect?

I expect the price to be lower because it blue books so very much lower that the good deal price stated on this site... What is the point of a blue book if not to show you the value of a car?

For example...

And...

22,415

The blue book isn't the bible- it is just a suggestion- is this the only problem you have?

So basically this site is telling people that a fair deal is thousands of dollars over value and that a great deal is just slightly more than the vehicle is worth? Is this site run by sleazy dealerships, because that would at least make sense... I mean blue book couldn't be just a "Suggestion" as it's universal (Within a hundred dollars or so between different versions of blue book value site (NADA and Edmunds). I feel like while this might be my only problem it's a BIG one.

I wonder if loan officers are as easy going with the "values."