Any recommendations for a first vehicle? I would prefer a truck but any help/advice is appreciated.

Blaine Truman

Asked by Jan 11, 2016 at 10:40 AM

Hi, I recently turned 16 and have been looking for my first car/truck. None of
my family members have a lot of knowledge of vehicles so I am seeking advice
and recommendations. Thanks for your time!

An inexpensive domestic 4dr sedan is best due to safety features and insurance rates being low. Stick within your budget and learn how to drive it.

A Toyota pickup would be a good choice for a first car. I would get an older one that is clean with low miles.

I personally love the Ford Explorer Sport Trac. I owned one many years and never let me down. They are bringing all the money at the auctions and always will. So what you pay now minus what you get when your ready for a change will be a much lower cost of ownership. Example you pay $7000 now drive it till it's time to go to collage and then sell it for $5000. It only cost you $2000. That is a payment of $83 a month to drive. If you live in the Dallas area I will be happy to help you. Just go to my site my contact info is there. Good Luck