need car with room for pediatric wheelchair broken down into two pieces

Asked by Jan 09, 2016 at 11:32 PM

I am looking for a SUV or a small band that will hold my little boys pediatric
wheelchair not with him in it however For the time being I can break it down
into two pieces and use a special needs adaptive car seats. Does anybody
have any ideas on what kind of vehicle would work for that I don't have a lot of
money so I need a good certified used car

72,435

A Mercury Grand Marquis or Ford Crown Victoria might be good. My '08 Grand Marquis has a huge deep trunk. The Crown Victoria is the same car only with a Ford emblem on it. They're very comfortable and have plenty of room in the passenger's compartment as well. They have good ratings for reliability too. I've had mine since '12 and I'm very pleased with it. Even though it's a V8 it's a small V8 and I get 20 miles per gallon around town. HTH. - Jim

435

Or a Lincoln the same size. My son has an older one with a trunk so deep that it will hold several chairs.

435

Lincolns resale value doesn't hold up to like a Cadillac, so you might get one at or below the price of a Crown or Grand Marquis even though they sold for much more money new.

105,385

I can tell you that the Jeep Grand Cherokee, GMCYukon, Chevy Tahoe and Suburban can all carry a Wheelchair without too much difficulty, the Jeep has a slight problem with clearance at the rear gate, but you said that you could break it down so that solve that problem, also some of the older Isuzu Troopers have good clearances. HTH

264,085

Minivans would work too.