please help

Asked by Jan 08, 2016 at 11:39 PM

Hi please any answers are helpful. I have a
2013 kia forte ex and its stuck in park and
wont start..... I went to grocery store and when
I went to leave it wouldnt start and would not
come out of gear also the brake is rock hard I
tried replacing the fuel pump because it will
crank but it just wont turn over ...please
anyone have any ideas thanks in advance

I don't know much about Kia's so this is a guess. Best I can do. Get a helper to stand behind your car to see if you have brake lights. If not, the fuse for brake lights is probably blown, and you must have your foot on brake to get it out of Park. Check your owners manual for which fuse.. Chapter 7 page 50 - http://www.kia.ca/content/ownership/ownersmanual/13forte_en.pdf

40

Try the that's motion module

Okay I will try the lights....and what's a that's motion module?

Thanks y'all

1,565

Turn the head lights on to see if you have power, im thinking your battery is dead, that will keep it locked in park by the shift interlock and stop it from turning over

1,565

The brake is rock hard because you need the vacuum from a running engine for the vacc assist.