no take off power

Asked by Jan 01, 2016 at 10:56 AM

I'm working on a 90 model Chevy Truck trucks
starts fine but has no power to take off but once u
hit about 45 it runs fine

97,055

Sounds like the timing is off, did you remove the timing connector before setting the base timing? If not then that could be the problem. HTH

Best Answer

No I don't know what they did to it just got the truck but it's been sitting for a while

97,055

So if you have a timing light hook it up and see where the timing is at idle, shut it off and disconnect the timing connector, restart it then recheck the timing, if not within specs reset it then shut it off, plug the timing connector back in, disconnect a battery cable for at least 30 seconds, reconnect the cable and start it up and drive it, se if that made it pull out any better. HTH