2007 Chevy 1500 won't crank unless you hold the throttle wide open

Asked by Dec 30, 2015 at 12:02 PM

I have a 2007 1500 with 4.8 v8 just put new motor in the
truck yesterday it was running fine till last night. When it
died. Now it has 60 psi of fuel pressure. I changed the
crank sensor and the only way it will crank up is if the gas
pedal is to the floor and then it runs very badly. Anyone got
any other suggestions.

Sounds like it's flooding with gasoline. When you hold the accelerator pedal to the floor while cranking the computer goes into "clear flood mode". Could be the fuel pressure regulator. HTH. -Jim

Where is it located cause I looks on the side of the intake on the driver side fuel rail and did not see it

Hmmmmmmm, I checked rockauto.com and don't see a listing for one. They listed a fuel pressure sensor. Perhaps that's what regulates the fuel pressure. HTH. -Jim