Lexus es 350

10

Asked by Dec 26, 2015 at 03:49 PM

First I notice my wasn't cold I didn't turn
the car off and its at 4 a couple hours
next time I got in the car my VCS light
was on my traction light and then my
engine light after taking a two minute
trip down the road my thermostat was
completely on hot I don't know what to
do or where to begin

After 2 minutes and your temperature gauge shows way hot, either it's the sending unit... it can't possibly overheat in 2 minutes unless the coolant in radiator is completely empty, and I don't know about that even. Now, whenever the ECU , the OBDII -- DTC system detects a fault to trigger the CEL. Check Engine Light, it will automatically shut down TRAC and VSC to prevent any non-driver input to wheels, power or brake, which is what VSC does. I don't quite understand the first part of your question. You didn't turn the car off? It's at '4' what? And year and mileage please?

10

Sorry this stupid talk to text thing what I was saying first I noticed that my AC wasn't cold then I shut the car off and it sat for a few hours then got ready to leave just a couple of min down the road ac was still not cold then noticed the VSC light was on and the engine light and trac light was all on turned around to go back home and then the temperature gauge was all the way hot... looked under the hood and there was hardly any coolant in the reservoir.

Ok. First check the coolant in radiator, But do that with engine cold, do NOT pop a hot radiator cap. When engine is cold, the plastic overflow tank should be only about ΒΌ full. Or whatever the indicators show on tank. When the engine cools, the vacuum, or negative pressure from cooling in radiator, sucks the coolant back in. Assuming the cap is in good working order It should be full to the brim cold.

10

Well come to find out it was the radiator. Thankyou for all your help. . I appreciate the time you took to answer my questions.