A/C leak

70

Asked by Dec 23, 2015 at 12:25 AM

I have a 1999 Town and Country and about
two weeks ago I recharged my A/C and the
other day I noticed the air getting warm
again so my mechanic recharged it and
when I got home I notice a green liquid on
my driveway when I turned the A/C on.What
can this be from and would my car be OK to
drive if the liquid only comes out when the
A/C on so I won't use the A/C will the car be
OK to drive I'm going to put a lot of miles on
it with in the next week

46,415

Green liquid is usually engine coolant (antifreeze) and you likely have a leak. Could just be a loose hose clamp, water pump, radiator or something else. Also on the A/C issue, get a mechanic that will fix the A/C leak. Recharging over and over again just costs you extra money and helps pollute the air. I can not offer any guidance as to whether you should drive the vehicle as I have no idea where the antifreeze is leaking from. Likely if it were my vehicle I wouldn't drive it until repaired.

70

It seems to only leak when I run the A/C and is coming out in the area of where the water comes out when running the A/C

70

Well I had a mechanic look at my car and he said the fluid was coming from the A/C and the reason it was green was because of a dye that was put in the oil

46,415

That would explain it. Best of luck and have a wonderful holiday.

70

Thank you you too