oil change

Asked by Dec 18, 2015 at 07:21 AM

Do you recommend taking my 2014 Chrysler
300 to dealer when time for oil change ?

76,295

Only if there is a service package when you bought the car. Otherwise no problem going somewhere else, cheaper.

24,025

it's a 2014- it's not a bad idea to take it to the dealer- and keep all the receipts together so when you sell it, you have an A-1 record of maintenance-

55,255

I would take it ONLY to the dealership unless you want some $7.00 per hour guy at the local quick lube changing the oil in it. Do it your self or take it to the dealership. Dealerships are very reasonable on oil changes as long as you don't let them sell you extra things you don't need. Cheaper in this situation is not better. Just my opinion.

76,295

Thanks guys, I don't deal with the dealers as I do my own stuff. Not up on costs from dealers with oil changes.

55,255

Dealership has more of a vested interest in their vehicles. Also they are aware of any quirks that certain models may have regarding service. I also do my own service, but have on several occasions let the dealership do it. Quick lube places will never get any business from me other than an occasional tire repair if necessary. Walmart is even worse.

76,295

The problem where I live is every dealership is owned by one persons. Dashinaw is the name, and do not have a good reputation. So I am a little one sided, for lack of spelling the other term.

There is one oil change chain, that will remain un-named instead of saying Jiffy-Lube ... opps... that I caught red-handed filling a jug labeled Mobil1 from a drum of conventional oil clearly labeled Havoline/Texaco. Now there is nothing wrong with Havoline but it cost 1/3 of Mobil1. These people have been busted in the past and I don't know how they stay in business as a corporation or the corporation won't even revoke a franchise for stuff like this. They tied to pass off conventional oil as Mobil1 and use Chinese filters that they pay probably $1 for. Not even labeled filters, just white.

24,025

and by the way, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays-