Computers

Asked by Dec 17, 2015 at 10:30 PM

What all year model truck can I
get a computer module off of to fit
a 1994 f350 with a 460 its an old
uhaul truck

96,705

If your talking about the ECM then it is year, model, and emission specific, a replacement ECM must have the same numbers as your old unit has on the case, if you can't find one you might try getting the one you have rebuilt, there a few places listed on the Internet, or your could even try some of your local parts stores, they might offer a rebuild service. HTH

What if they took the computer off before I bought it so I have no idea what the numbers where

96,705

In that case you will need the VIN and the calabration code from the engine, there should be a plastic tag on the engine itself, usually on the valve cover and or on the emissions tag on the front radiator core support, from those 2 you can get the number from a Ford Dealer then go from there. Or you could take a chance and find a truck that has the exactly the same year and model with exactly the same equipment from the same factory and try it, you might get lucky. You can ignore the fact that it was a U Haul rig, but there maybe a one just like yours in a wrecking yard somewhere. HTH

22,685

If you bought a truck without the ecm, then you have nothing to lose- modify the engine, or put another engine in it and forget the computer stuff-