What are some reasons that would cause my rear defrost to not work, altough the fuse seems to be good?

10

Asked by Dec 07, 2015 at 08:28 PM

The connection between the wire power supply and the heat element grid in glass. That is what happened to my Toyota, drivers side down low. You don't say what car, year, anything but the light on button can be on showing power on, but since there is no short all that will happen is the grid not heat

Best Answer
57,105

Sometimes the grid on the glass itself can be damaged and break the circuit. If it is on the surface it can be repaired.

10

It's a 2007 Ford, Mustang. I thought that info was visible, this is my first time using this site.

I hope we were some help and I see what you mean, you have two questions posted. It is visible. Come back anytime

FoR, the element grid in my Toyota is in between the laminates of the safety glass. I don't know if Ford does it that way.

57,105

Yup, that is why I said if it is on the surface.

10

Thanks guys, looks like l'll be needing some help with it.