ok on my way to Sharon yesterday my 2000 Dodge Durango start acting weird now it is hard to start and when it is sitting and running it idles high by itself.I have no idea what is going on with it

Asked by Dec 05, 2015 at 09:36 PM

76,295

I suspect leaky regulator, fuel lines, or injectors. You could do a bleed down test with a fuel pressure gauge buy hooking it up inline, letting build up pressure to what ever and turn the key off. Watch the gauge, it should not drop in pressure more that 5 lbs. in 3 minutes. Another thing it could be would be an leaking intake manifold. You spray carburetor cleaner along the matting surfaces of the intake and head, rpm would increase. Look for vacuum leaks.