I am buying my first car... budget is approx 30000... im a city boy but often go off road driving on sand and through the bush... I am looking for a car that has the handling to be used in tight city spaces as well as being able to be taken off road... would appreciate any help... more than happy to go for a second hand car as long as it is reliable.... so far been looking at jeep cheroke and renegade as well as toyota hilux however most cherokes and hilux's are quite pricey... the vehicle im looking for also should have a wow factor about the interior

Asked by Dec 05, 2015 at 02:52 AM

Looking for first car, needs to be affordable, have the handling for off road
and city driving as well as have a great interior

74,715

You are going to be looking for a while, but not impossible. The Jeeps have a lot of problems, I think more than most. Toyota have superficial problems with things working. I am a Chevy guy, so I would point you in that direction. Just keep looking...

52,655

You mentioned HiLux, this is a hint that you live outside of the USA. Some advise.....the first vehicle does not need to have any wow factor, it should be good dependable transportation. Stay away from anything made by Jeep or Dodge or Chrysler. These cars can be hit or miss as far as reliability and sometimes spend more time in the shop than they ought to. Best dependability would be Toyota, Honda, but I like my Fords and our Lincoln. Good luck with the search.