What's the average cost to have a motor and transmission taken out of a 2000 2500 pickup truck

100

Asked by Dec 04, 2015 at 11:24 AM

55,435

Gasoline or diesel engine.

100

Gas 5.9L

55,435

You just getting an engine and transmission removed and not putting one back in?

100

I am taking the 5.9L out of a 2500 model & puting it in my 1500 model along with transmission

100

Just trying to get a rough estimate on what will cost me to take engine out

55,435

I would think about 10 hours, but that is a guess on my part. 10 hours times what the labor rate is where you live. Maybe if you would ask a local mechanic you would get a closer guestimate.

Best Answer Mark helpful
100

Thank you at least i have a idea now

55,435

4 wheel drive will add a little to the cost. Also depending on how careful one needs to be in removing the engine and transmission makes a big difference. By careful I mean relating to the donor vehicle. Can the A/C hoses and wiring be just cut or does the donor vehicle need to be left in usable condition for perhaps another engine and transmission. Just cutting things like exhaust, hoses and wiring will also reduce the labor involved.