A 2003 4.6 tritton motor can I turn just each ohc on that mtr when replacing timing chains due to timing chain failure

15

Asked by Dec 03, 2015 at 01:48 AM

The 4.6 Triton is an interference engine, but by turning a cam without the chain installed will do no harm. You need only to get the timing marks right before starting

Best Answer
15

Thank you. Bro...oh what aBout the slack on each cam while in their right timing or just keep it as true as possible

46,155

Proper procedures must be followed when cam timing a Ford 4.6 or valves will be bent. Get yourself a service manual at a local parts store and it will help guide you through it.