What is the reason that my 2010 Toyota Prius with a mileage of 100,000 started accelerating weaker?

Asked by Dec 01, 2015 at 07:47 PM

Can it be because I changed the computer in the car?

20,485

Your hybrid battery is dying?

20,485

Actually, if your hybrid battery is dying, it may be under warranty.

20,485

Read this article below, http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a10626/how-long- will-hybrid-car-batteries-last-16747590/

20,485

If you just replaced the computer, then it should not have anything to do with this, unless it's a malfunction.

20,485

Why did you replace the computer?

I thought the computer by the fuse box was the problem, so I changed it.

But it still has the same problem

Maybe you can find out what is the problem. We have 2 Priuses, one works fine, but the other one works badly on eco mode. Even when I press the gas pedal all the way it accelerates very slowly. But when I change it to power mode it works fine.

20,485

For your information - The second generation Prius batteries are warranteed for 10 years/150,000 miles in California-compliance states. I don't know where you live, but, you may want to check this out.

20,485

Computers in cars are expensive, you just shouldn't change them for no good reason. Did someone suggest it? It would be good for you to consult an independent mechanic.