Can any body please help me how do I crank my truck after running it out of gas

Asked by Nov 30, 2015 at 07:21 AM

69,655

Picked up some dirt, start by changing the fuel filter...

92,785

That all depends on what year make and model of rig. If it is carbureted then crank it for 10 seconds then wait a minute then crank it again for 10 seconds, by that time if the fuel pump is still good then it should have fuel in the carb and will start normally. If it is injected then turn the key on wait 3 seconds turn key off wait 5 seconds then turn key on for another 3 seconds, after 3 times doing this the fuel pump will have pressurized the fuel system if it didn't burn up after running dry and it should start normally. HTH