My 1995 toyota corolla Handbrake lights on a dashboard stays long after the handbrake released

10

Asked by Nov 29, 2015 at 11:44 PM

toyota handbrake problem

445

Unfortunately there are about three levels of that light in brightness that offers the biggest clue to what is wrong. That said, problems in the brake system most never resolve themselves without human intervention. I've seen the light come on and if it's from an almost low level of brake fluid and you actually use your parking brake when you park, I'd check the fluid level in the master cylinder first. It's the cheapest resolution, but it MAY indicate that the calipers have extended so far out to compensate for badly worn pads, that now the fluid is at a critical low and detectable point. More input please