I just bought a new, 2015, Lexus RX 350. I would like to raise the drivers seat a little higher than I can with the seat adjustment buttons.--Any suggestions?

Asked by Nov 26, 2015 at 10:12 AM

Bob Beaman

If the seat is bolted to the floor in such a way that a small spacer can be used at each attachment point , that may be a solution. Be very careful in modifying the seat as it is a safety device and compromising it's integrity could cause you injury in the event of an accident.

I agree with Bob, the seat is set up for safety reason and that the airbag in the steering wheel and in the door if you have one is positioned to the driver properly. Since you just bought it, maybe the dealer will let you swap to another car? Maybe you can use pad or cushion on the seat to get up another half inch?

Sitting too close to the air bag can be dangerous. Pedal extensions can keep you a safe distance away. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2011/02/airbags-can-be- lifesavers-they-can-also-be-lethal.html