How long does it take to change a heater core in a 2005 dodge caravan 3.3L?

Asked by Nov 20, 2015 at 03:12 PM

27,125

It really comes down to how long it takes to loosen/remove the dash, get a good guide on doing that as there are a lot of screws/bolts/trim panels to go through. But first, triple check that replacing the heater core is necessary - if it's not getting hot, try a flush using the heater hoses in the engine compartment, if it's leaking, make sure it isn't the plenum box drain that is plugged up. Running the AC or defroster results in a lot of condensation that needs to be drained away, if that drain gets fouled up, it leaks into the interior. I know on my Durango, outside debris can get into the plenum box drain through the cowl, I've had to clean it a couple times now. As far as your initial question goes, I can remove a dash for a Crown Vic in 30 minutes, for my Durango it took about an hour as I was unfamiliar with it, I've removed/reinstalled dozens of dash's from all make of vehicles, so I think I might be a bit more of an expert than the typical mechanic shop that don't get involved in that type of repair, I find having the right tools, especially trim removal tools help (get those at Harbor Freight cheap), it is crucial to have a good guide or video of the process so check youtube for those or check Dodge forums for hints. I've managed to effect repairs without having to completely remove a dash but just rock it forward enough to get behind it. I'm not familiar with your specific vehicle to say what the best approach is but if you can't get your answer here try those forums.

79,685

If it is a do it your self job, I would allow a full day, lots of Tylenol and a BBQ and a good beer for afterwards!

27,505

yep.. a beer durning and you will never get it back together....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oW_Y0A40gE