1993 audi 100cs broken Surpintine belt. Replaced belt and now it won't start. Did a compression test and there's no compression. Will a bad camshaft sensor cause this ? motor stalled when belt broke

10

Asked by Nov 15, 2015 at 11:53 AM

It's an interference engine. When the belt broke pistons collided with valves causing major damage. That's why there is no compression Camshaft position sensor irrelevant

Oh, no no...My bad - I just now saw serpentine belt, not timing belt. Are we one the same page? Do you mean the serpentine belt that turns alternator, A/C, on the outside of the engine that you can see? Or do you mean timing belt? Bur regardless, the cam position sensor did not cause it. Either a frozen pulley burned it up or it was just worn out (the belt that is), the belt should be replaced about every 60,000 to 80,000 miles

10

No it was definitely the serpentine belt. I'm just not sure why it would cause the engine to now not have compression

Me neither. That really is odd. On ALL cylinders?