I have a 2010 dodge journey the heater blows cold air on the passenger side and hot air on the passenger side. Took it to the dealer ask them to change the bad acurarator they said it wasn't bad. Help

20

Asked by Nov 10, 2015 at 09:12 PM

Can anyone tell me what I can do to fix this

83,595

Blows heat everywhere else but the passenger side, There is a AC blend actuator module that controls the air blend door, and vents that would be bad.

83,595

Them there dealers... obviously the blend door is not moving, ether caused by the actuator, or something broke under the dash.

20

Sorry ment to say coold air on passenger side. No it is not the acurarator check it out myself as did the dealer

20

It is moveing as it should

20

It has to be something else that is wrong

20

We are going to freeze this winter

83,595

Well you didn't mention if you are getting heat anywhere else, I mean it could be a thermostat, air pockets, plugged heater core, a vent open, I mean is the motor running at 195/200? It could be anything, need more of a clue.

83,595

I mean it ticks me off when you bring your vehicle to the dealer for a simple problem as this, and just send you out the door. I mean what in the world did they say? Sorry that car doesn't make heat, nothin we can do, or what? (just venting here, don't mind me...)

10

I have the same problem with my 2010 Dodge Journey it blows hot on drivers side and cold on passenger side. Seem funny that no one knows the answer to this problem. I know that I for one am real tired of it and I am about to trade it. It must be one of those best kept secrets with car dealer ships and mechanics. I am not spending another nickel on this problem.

20

Same here,now no heat on either side but ac works fine. Yes the hoses have hot water cirulating in them.

10

HOW ABOUT HEATER CORE???

10

We have been working on this problem for 2 years. There isn't a mechanic out there that can tell you what the problem is with these heaters, they all just guess at it. We have been doing the work our selves because it would cost a fortune to take it to a repair shop. We flushed the heater core 3 times, replaced all actuators, now we think we have narrowed it down to replacing the heater core, we think it is plugged on one side. The hoses are at the right temp but we still think that it is plugged. So, that is our next step. I will let you know how it works out.

I have a 2010 dodge journey. Blows hot on drivers side and rear. Cold on passenger. Frustrating. Did a pressure flush. No help. I have yet to check the actuators. Hope that's the problem.

Any news on if the heater core swap fixed the issue?

We have had the same problem....heat on drivers side and back cold air on passenger side..thank God we had a short winter...some days were unbearable...weve had heater core flished and checked...doors checked and actuators...still no luck....I also get water flushing under the dashboard ..nobody seems to know what it is....weve had so many problems with this car....worst choice ever...getting ready to trade in..