My mom drove the car while it was hot now it won't start how can I tell if it's the starter or is she blew the engine?

Asked by Nov 07, 2015 at 03:27 PM

60,395

If it ran super hot and boiled over or you lost all the coolant then heads can be warped or cracked. How about some specifics?

8,830

What condition did you find the car ... was the Radiator empty, did you see evidence of overheating, like melted plastic? The ignition system may have been damaged (over-heating can crack coils) Why did your Mom "fess up ?" Did she have a problem starting it too ?" The car made it home so at least it didn't die on the road .. which is good. You mentioned "starter" .. does the starter work? More info .. please