My 96 Chevy caprice I changed fuel pump out with new one and I have to spin the motor over numerous times for it to crank is it possible that the EGR vavle control switch can cause this problem

Asked by Nov 02, 2015 at 04:04 PM

40,975

The fuel pump and EGR valve have no relationship at all. It is possible your car just needs a tuneup.

Car has a complete tune up all high performance parts

7,460

Why did you replace the fuel pump?

7,460

If this problem was the reason that you changed the fuel pump ,,, then my guess is that the fuel pump wasn't the problem

Nope it wasn't even with the new high performance fu pump it needs numerous spins to crank but I think its the oil cinder unit going bad but y'all gurus really