I can bypass my interlock system and start my car by jumping the solenoid, will the interlock system know i am bypassing it?

Asked by Oct 29, 2015 at 11:51 PM

I can bypass my interlock system and start my car by jumping the solenoid with a wrench touching the two bolts together, the mouthpiece does not have to be plugged in for this to work. will the interlock system know i am bypassing it? Could I get in trouble?

56,815

I'm assuming that this is a breathalyzer test device. No you can't bypass it. The ignition and/or fuel systems are also inoperable until the device activates them. If you've been drinking you shouldn't be driving! Please call a cab. It'll be cheaper and safer in the long run! HTH. -Jim

7,260

Depends on alarm. I suspect that you have a State Installed device usually installed for DWI offenders ,,the newer interlocks include a GPS in order to validate your location.~~ I pray that i'm wrong about the interlock's purpose if not then you need to step back and see what you are willing to trade to continue this Your probably a really good guy who needs help..sometimes all you need to do is ask God bless you my friend

31,535

Reported as criminal activity...... You should NOT be monkeying around with a breathalyzer interlock.

7,260

Your question may have initiated a turning point in your life. If you believe in God (as I do) you will sometimes see The Lord prevent you from hurting yourself and others. To butt Heads with Him and do what you want will only result in grief. Look at this as the beginning of a new life ... if not then ya gotta do ,, what ya gotta do