I have a 2003 HONDA CIVIC EX I have changed the water pump, radiator, radiator cap(towo of them to make sure I had the right one), thermostat, all of the hoses are clean

Asked by Oct 29, 2015 at 09:14 PM

Why do I keep overheating. No crack in the
head gasket. Every two days I open radiator

I add a little coolant not much. No leaks. A
lot of pressure in my hoses

82,905

Its possible your air vent in the overflow container is plugged. Also are the fans coming on when the reaches temperature., which is about 200 to 210 degrees...

That makes a lot of sense. The fans seem fine. Theyre cutting on I have a new fuse and relay.

It doesn't seem to be pulling from the overflow like it should. Like its not circulating right

But new water pp no leaks. So the air filter could affect that too I guess.

37,915

What? Air filter making a car over heat?

Best Answer

Do I need a new container or is it something that can be fixed seperatly.

As I'm thinking about this. I don't have a pressurized overflow My cap isn't made w a seal or anything. There is only a hose to the radiator so I'm lost on the air vent.

My fans do take a long time to come one but the gauge reads right maybe it could be a bad gauge sensor?

37,915

Ok, I'll give it a shot, Fans seem fine, working as they should. If you did this work yourself, did you bleed the cooling system of air? And overflows are not pressurized unless it is part of the pressurized system . Do you have a overflow container? The cooling system is what pressurizes when it gets hot. To bleed the air, I would have to research if there is a bleeder on that vehicle or not. But, the way I always have done this is to keep the radiator cap off while warming up until the thermostat opens up & coolant starts to circulate threw the system. It may or may not push coolant out of the radiator fill hole (where the rad. cap goes) this would be the air pockets working its way out. You keep topping it off until full. Put the cap back on.

Yes I have an overflow container, I have tried bleeding it. Idk if there is a bleeder or not