I have a firebird Pontiac 1989 and it just started to turn off when im driving what can it be

Asked by Oct 20, 2015 at 07:50 AM

89,875

It could be a host of things, bad fuel pump, bad wires and or plugs, bad starter. I would see if you can have the codes read on the car if possible to see if any hidden codes show up on the read that will at least get you to a starting point...

7,460

JM is correct .. without more info it could be anything. Does it simple shut off or does it sputter then die ... does it start back up or do u have to wait ? Has work been done to the car lately?