I don't think it's the starter, what else could it be.

Asked by Oct 14, 2015 at 10:43 PM

I have a 1995 Chrysler concorde and I had a new starter put in about 9 months ago. Within 3 weeks the car wouldn't start and I touched the starter with a screw driver while someone else turned the ignition key and it started. The car ran with no problems until yesterday 10/13/2015. Same problem not starting, then I used a screw driver to touch the starter housing while someone else turned the ignition key and it started again. My service shop can't find the problem until it happens at their shop. If it's not the starter what else could be the culprit.

64,395

Have you changed the igintion switch?

775

If you put the key in the start position and you can jump the connections with a screwdriver then you have some kind of wiring issue, either at the switch or at the starter relay or solenoid.