Where is the fuel pump relay

180

Asked by Oct 12, 2015 at 07:35 PM

8,060

In the power distibution center, relay center, the kick panel, behind the glovebox, by the fender, at the firewall, or even behind the back seat if you can believe it, but for what ? it can be an illustrated find on the computer if you google search, make, model, year and fuel pump relay location view.

8,630

I can't believe that anyone would answer a question like that,No make,year,model ... I was curious as to what answer was given when I saw the question had been answered

8,060

Their pic does not make me think they do this all the time. The vehicle might be their only transpo and dead at home, I took a stab..........they did have a home PC, they can find it and order it drop shipped to the front door I would expect. Sometimes the kindest and nicest people ask very simple questions, Their cars often get replaced before things start to act-up , historically, I could venture.............Customers had many test drives bending my ear telling about their circumstances. We did not, as a dealer and MFR rep, ever think our place was to tell them, we let them tell us so we could try to give the best effective help. But those people actually purchased from us, and returned to purchase again, that's the beauty of it all.

8,060

and they could have been your parents, tom. anything for a pal.

8,630

Ya ,, I guess your right. I get a feeling regarding their knowledge by the way the question was asked. A great example of a question that will definitely make your eyes roll was last week. A person said " My AC is not working but I know the compressor is OK and the Freon is not the problem. I put 4 cans of Freon in it" I'm like ~~~ How did you manage to get almost 4 lbs of Refrigerant in a 2 lb system without blowing the lines in half???

8,060

Right, they are the problem, know they are the problem, just caused the problem, but nope, that cannot be it. Nope, nope, nope, Then they want to get replies to argue with. I say, do not sell a/c parts and refrig. to people who are not certified and these things will cease. The system pressures are enough for injury. and the misinformation just makes less confidence, less trust, and more waste of time, money, and parts while the untalented creep into the industry and increase cost of idiot proofing. The cost of doing business rises, the accurate repair people have to buy more machines and school more newbies, and none of them really know anything without a $3500 gadget. But I look at it after the customer spent his savings on unnecessary repairs, has nothing to spend, but just wants an answer.....I try to run a few checks and the guy is at my elbow, it cant be that, over and over......... 3 days later his ol lady has it breakdown, same symptom, I go to the connector I suspect, no no, cant be that, the service tard kids at disney lube said thats ok........I turn the key on, wiggle the connector, the fuel pump goes, whirrrrr ? What's that ? I say..... but no money to pay you MR. ! You must be trying to rip us off, you dont have a fancy machine ! ha ha ha