Is there seasonality involved win buying/selling a car. Is one month better than the other?

Asked by Oct 11, 2015 at 10:57 AM

33,435

Depends on what you're selling. An all wheel drive or 4X4 will sell better in the fall before the snow falls. If a convertible, it will sell better in the spring. Or a light weight sports car will also sell better in the summer rather than winter. If you live in a non winter state such as Nevada, it shouldn't matter when you sell it. Pretty much will just depend on what you have and who wants it.

1,395

if you are buying a new car, there are benefits of when you do buy it, ex if you buy a 2015 now, realy that car is already one year old before you drive it off the lot, So if you only plan on keeping it for two to three years then trading it in you would lose 1 year depreciation without even driving it. If your lucky there might be incentives to offset your losses If you are looking at buying a car over 3 years old would not matter when you buy it, deprecation factor is gone. I hope this helps

56,625

When buying new, the fall is the best time. You can get a better deal on a leftover because the new models are out. I bought my '93 Chevy Caprice in October of 1993. Because the '94s were out they wanted my car off the lot. Sticker price was $20,150. I got the car for $16,200. They even gave me $3,500 for my '68 Cadillac as a trade in that didn't run! HTH. -Jim