How well does a Pontiac GTO 2005-06 motor and transmission goes into 1968-69 Pontiac GTO car. & what problems may occur? Thanks...

Asked by Oct 10, 2015 at 09:24 PM

1,535

Esentully it's a LS Chevy motor. I suspect custom motor mounts will be needed? Try using the top part of one new LS motor mount to a old bottom GTO motor mount. Some mods & or welding might be required. Build a L/H & R/H sides. Depending too on the trans & cross member position too work forward from them to mount the new engine location. You might luck-out and use the same spot? GM is pretty standard.

Best Answer

Well hello hello & thank you thank you for the response and all that good information I will be reaching out more when I'm getting deeper in the project. Hey is it possible to fit & is it worth trying to put a 2005/06 GTO interior into a 1968/69 GTO???