I have recently purchased a car from a dealt on here and he sold it to me with no oil in the engine. it is a 2011BMW 750LI I had it for 10 days and during te purchase he did not disclose this information, now the power train system malfunctioned. He has the car and I have no idea what wrong with it. What happens when this occurs. is this car ruined forever?

Asked by Oct 10, 2015 at 05:10 PM

19,225

10 days??had to have some oil in it... the car should be covered under a warranty...still...dont know what happened? did the motor burn up?

1,245

I have recently bought a 93 chevy, driving home from work as I have been working away for the past few days and the automobile has just stopped, there was a huge like big bang and the engine stopped with this like thick black slimy stuff everywhere I need any suggestions as I really need to get this fixed and get home right now, any help appreciated

1,245

but in your case I would say your automobile as had it and you should get your money back, no dealer should sell an automobile unfit for use on our glorious highways but having said that you should have checked oil levels whilst at the dealership and walked away from the automobile if it was low on oil, 10-4, drive on son

1,245

does it say "sold as seen" on your receipt?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? if so you probably wont have a chance, 10-4, drive on son

7,250

This may be hard to accept but it's your responsibility to review everything in your car after delivery. It would almost be impossible to assign blame after 10 days of ownership. There may be some good news about the engine. I suspect the engine had/has oil but it was below the dipsticks ability to read because it's inconceivable that BMW can run out of oil without a multitude of alarms sounding. If it were me .. and I had a good warranty. I would fill the oil back up and simply tell the dealer "My Car Broke ,, Fix it" Once you admit that you operated the car with no oil (regardless of whose fault) then you will get into a "Pissing contest" unseen in this millennium.

7,250

I suspect you may have already confronted the dealer ... if I were you I would say " I thought the oil was empty" .. That's not lieing and it may allow you to escape any responsibility. Then do not answer any questions about oil ... simply tell him that you said the oil was full ... How could it be gone in 10 days unless the car has a problem ,,, Fix it!!!

56,595

Tom is correct. However, the fact that this vehicle has low oil warning lights, bells, etc. will be a problem for you. As soon as the light, gauge, chime, etc. alert you there's an oil problem you should pull off the road immediately and shut down the engine. Personally, I'd say you were negligent by ignoring the warning systems in the car and continued to drive it. Even with a warranty this is going to be a tough one. Abuse or neglect is not covered by any warranty that I know of. HTH. -Jim