Low Oil Pressure Warning on a 2006 Buick Lucerne Northstar 4.6 eng Issues.

Asked by Oct 07, 2015 at 05:44 AM

I shut off the vehicle for a few minutes and the warning came on again.This time with a tapping sound .I shut down the car again and waited 10 minutes.I put 2 qts of oil in it and the tapping stopped but the Oil Pressure continued every few seconds , now short beeps. I took it the the repair shop the next morning and left it for the day.They tested the Oil Pressure several times and found no issues with the pressure however found several oil leaks.Over $2200 worth. I believe it's a bad oil pump.But the shop will start with replacing the sensor.But would the tapping sound have occurred if it was a sending issue?