When contacting a dealer through CarGurus, why isn't it possible to simply mention our email address. Why am I required to provide my phone number?

Asked by Oct 05, 2015 at 07:01 PM

19,225

well then get there phone number....

I don't want their phone number. I just want to be able to email them from CarGurus without providing my phone number. A lot of the dealer websites don't have email addresses mentioned. I'm guessing it's because most just want your phone number so they can call you all the time, since it's easier to avoid marketing emails. Also because dealers don't want to respond in writing, allowing them to be more ambiguous over the phone vis-a-vis questions related to the car. But CarGurus as a neutral website should allow the option to email the dealer without requesting the customer's phone number.

210,435

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/enterFeedback.action