I have a hyundai accent 1.6 2014 cvt transmission i would like to know what is the best transmission oil for it and how much does it need?thank u

10

Asked by Sep 30, 2015 at 08:30 AM

36,755

I just checked the routine maintenance schedule in the online owners manual. There's no listing for changing or checking the transmission fluid. So I'm guessing that there's no dip stick under your hood to check the transmission oil? If no stick, this is one of those sealed transmissions that are supposed to magically last forever without ever changing or adding oil. If you have no stick under the hood, then you have one of these transmissions. The only way to get anything changed or done to it, is to take it to the dealer or other facility. Yup, it's official. I just got to the end of the service schedule and at the very end it says: Automatic transmission no service required! What a load of crap that is.....

21,395

The CVT is a radical form of transmission, and is not known for its longevity- I would take it to the dealer and have them test it periodically- it may not help but hey, you tried-

10

Thx for ur answers but the accent is 1.4 not 1.6 i was wrong and plz what type of oil the transmission needs and how much litters

10

And r u sure it dorsnt need change coz the company has changed it once already but i didnt know what type

36,755

Automatic transaxle fluid 7.71 US qt. (7.3 l) MICHANG ATF SP-4, SK ATF SP-4 NOCA ATF SP-4, HYUNDAI genuine ATF SP-4 or other brands meeting the above specification approved by Hyundai Motor Co.,

36,755

Here is a cut and paste of what the manual says for the automatic transaxle: NORMAL MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE (CONT.) No check, No service required ❑ Automatic transaxle fluid (if equipped) The manual is saying that there is no need to check or service the transmission. You can have it serviced if you want. They are trying to tell you that it's maintenance free.

10

Thx a lot really