02 dodge dakota 4.7 p0505 code

Asked by Sep 27, 2015 at 03:22 PM

Code said it was the IAC valve, replaced the
valve but the code won't go away even after
manually reseting it.

22,315

not enough info...

What all do you need to know

It starts shaking after you get to a certain speed and let off the gas a little bit to cruise, as I'd it's trying to die. Also dies while idling after startup occasionally.

22,315

did you clean the inside where the iac slides in???did you check all your vacuum hoses and spray carb cleaner around everthing?

22,315

vacuum leak lean...?

I'll check all that tommorrow while I'm changing the transmission fluid/filters ect. And let you know, thank you.

Alright, I took it back out today and cleaned where it slides in, and when I put it back in and started it, it died right away. Checked for melted/frayed wires behind the harness and it was all good. I then checked the voltage coming from the harness and it was getting the right amount.