HELP, , 1994 Chevy Silverado had been workin great , left it parked for bout month go to start it up and makes a click sound followed by ugly rumble

Sonia Gonzalez

Asked by Sep 23, 2015 at 03:14 PM

When turnin to start up its not turnin over but almost sounds like gears movin
idk how to explain it but it's Loud ugly sound not quite sure if it could be starter  
? from what someone told me but this ain't sounding to me as if  , could it be ?
Am going to pull it and test but definetly  could use some pounters if it isnt the
problem or am I looking at a major money concern

Kelly Mayo

did you forget about the battery???

Does the battery you have on there now have 12 Volts, it may need a jump to get it started. It could be the starter if the batter is ok and the jump start does not work...

Sonia Gonzalez

Battery is fine , when I go to start it everything powers up as if it's going to start won't turn over but followed but a ugly gear like switching sound ,