2001 pontiac firebird/3800 number two cylinder no fire

Asked by Sep 14, 2015 at 11:17 AM

i have changed plugs,wires,and coilpack. new maf and oxygen censor on right
bank before cat. there is no cat on it but itsv been gone. cylinder two is wat i
have narrowed it down to. no spark. any advice would help. thanks

104,265

Did you check the coil packs? and the coil pack wiring...?

370

I've bought new plugs that were bad my friend.. try other plugs that work to make sure. Assuming you haven't yet. Does it run on 5 then? Assuming it does. It's possible your pcm has a driver module buggered in it. Remember there is no distributor here.. your pcm handles all that.. I'm recommending either a get me more info... or b get a diagnostic done...

i will try different plugs then. i already put coilpack on it. it runs on five cylinders but rough. the only code i get is random cylinder misfire. i hooked a test light on cylinder two plug wire and got nothing. i can grab it while its running. just dont want to keep throwing parts at it with no change.

370

Check that plug wire.. connection. Wire .. use an ohm meter. About 1000 to 1500 ohms per foot. If it's more than 4000 ohms it's no good. Sounds like the ecu or pcm may be your issue ..

i think u may be right about the pcm ecu.the wireand plug are fine. can i remove one from another firebird with the ignition switch and change it all out?

370

Check with a gm dealer . 01 idk if you'll need a flash done on the pcm .. if not . There's a service number on the pcm. Just get one from the wrecker with the same service number

370

It's very simple to change . Atleast most of 5 he time. Just to large wiring harnesses .. i suggest asking a gm guy to diagnose it. He can ping 5 he driver in the computer . Or find someone with a decent snap on .. simple readers can't perform diagnostics they just read stored dtc s ..