Have a 61 corvette. Once in a while feels like clutch is slipping / grinding. Pump it or neutral it stops. Any thoughts ?

Asked by Sep 13, 2015 at 12:58 PM

Pressure plate..

101,775

With age thro out bearings tend not to glide as smoothly as they should. Might be time for new clutch pressure plate and thro out bearing. But first make sure that your pedal is engaging the fork arm properly.

It's the pressure plate..

The fork arm is engaging properly. Please don't make it more technical than it is. If the fork arm didn't work. There would be no clutch at all..even if it were set wrong. It would basically be right.. Much love..

The problem is basic clutch maintenance...

22,625

It may need adjustment, heres a link: http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes/2531014-1961-clutch-adjustment.html

1,255

do you have any oil leaks around the bell house

Thank you. Will the issue get worse in the next month or so when car scheduled for repair work. Should I continue to drive

Drive it. Just be good to it...Nice car..

Drive it only if u need to. U know..Have a nice Sunday..