I have a 99 Dodge ram 1500 5.2L, truck shut off on me going down rd,I had to pedal it to restart then keep revs up to stay on.now won't turn over just one solid click when turn key and nothing

Dustin Hastings

Asked by Sep 06, 2015 at 02:47 AM

Its like a starter click but don't know why
truck shut down completley..I even tried
tapping starter still nothing

Sterling Grinnell

sounds like the battery or even altinator has gone out have you checked the battery voltage?

Dustin Hastings

Going to do that in the morning.. it happened late last night and by time I got to my buddy's today. I just towed it to my parents. Just trying to see what ppl think so I can start w that. But thanks for your response I'll check those first. If it's not that any other suggestions

Sterling Grinnell

when you try to start it and it clicks and then if you turn off the key and try to restart again right away does it click again? or is there nothing till you let it sit for a bit