I just bought an 05 Range Rover HSE with a 4.4 l motor , when I start it cold the engine make noise , like low oil pressure . After a few seconds it goes away and runs fine . Where should I look first

Asked by Sep 03, 2015 at 06:42 PM

Does this engine have a check valve
to maintain oil pressure ?

37,955

This is normal, as the motor warms up the parts expand thus quieting the lifters & rocker arms. Valves have nothing to do with oil pressure. But I would suggest to bring it in to have the rocker arms adjusted. This should quiet it down even more. It doesn't hurt to put an oil additive in once an oil change for the next couple, this will loosen up the lifters some, to help keep them from sticking. Just ask at your locale Auto Parts store what they recommend.

Best Answer

I really don't think the noise is normal , thanks

37,955

If you have a lot of miles on this thing, it takes a few seconds for the oil pressure to build up and when the motor warms up metal parts expand. If you are concerned, take it in and have the rockers adjusted. They need to be checked after a lot of miles.