Can a 1az engine enter into the allion a18 which had 1zz engine

Asked by Sep 02, 2015 at 02:30 PM

148,665

The 1AZ FSE will drop right in an Allion. You are upgrading from 1.8L - 130HP to a 2.0L - 148 HP engine that as long as your Allion is 2001 to 2008 will be fine. It is OEM in Camry and Rav4. Just get everything, I mean everything, from donor car. ECU, EVAP system, wiring harnesses, and you are good

148,665

It's a 'square' engine, 89mm bore and 89mm stroke. That relatively short stroke improves HP, but at just a slight loss of low-end torque. But It's a good engine. It's a much bigger piston than the 1.8L. And a shorter stroke, producing more HP at the cost of low-end torque. But it's not a cargo=hauler, trailer-puller (within limits) so that is really not a concern. The shorter stroke also gives it a slower piston speed, allowing a higher red-line rpm

148,665

Just make sure you don't get an 1 AZ FBE. That is an alcohol burning engine. Not even flex fuel, runs on strictly E85

Best Answer

Thnx

Meaning the best is 1az fee, right?

1az fse?

148,665

No, I don't mean to say the 1AZ FE or FSE is better. That and the 1ZZ series are both superior engines. The 1AZ is just a bit bigger bore, a bit more powerful but not really better. It does not get the economy of a 1ZZ, but has more HP. If I had to choose, I would go with the 1.8 1ZZ FE. But no dissing the 1AZ

Is it?

The through

20

Hi i swapped my 1az fse engine to 1zz fse 1.8l due to multiple temperature issues. The problem i have, is the Car cant Rev when you peddle the acceleration Please Help!!! Changed the harness the fuse box and the ECU just right for the 1zz but the Revving problem is there.